These mini pastry rolls are the perfect lunchbox filler or as a snack for when you’re on the go. They are also a no-fuss party classic, and simple to make. An all-round winner!
Prep Time: 30 Mins
Cook Time: 25 Mins
Makes: 25-30 Rolls
For the Pastry:
225g Plain Flour
175g Frozen Butter
Pinch of Salt
For the Filling:
10 Streaky Bacon Rashers, finely chopped
12-16 Sun Dried Tomatoes
100g Feta, crumbled
1 Egg, beaten
2 Basil Leaves, finely chopped
For the Pastry
1.Sift the flour and a pinch of salt into a large mixing bowl. Grate the frozen butter into the bowl and stir gently until all of the butter is coated in flour.
2. Add 150ml water to the mixture and stir until a soft dough forms. Knead this dough and bring it together into a ball shape with your hands. After this, wrap in cling film and leave to chill in the fridge for 30 minutes.
For the Rolls
1. Preheat the oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Flour a flat surface, and roll out half the dough with a rolling pin. Near the edge of the pastry, scatter half the bacon, sun dried tomatoes and feta evenly. Garnish the toppings with a pinch of basil.
2. Brush the other edge of the dough with egg and fold it over to cover the filling. Seal all sides of the dough together by pressing down on it with a fork. Once sealed, use a sharp knife to cut the dough into 3cm-long rolls, and cut a small V shape into the top of the rolls to allow heat to circulate.
3. Repeat step 2 with the other half of the ingredients.
4. Place the pastry rolls on a shallow tray lined with baking paper, and brush with egg to make them turn crispy on the outside. Bake for 15-20 minutes until golden brown.