The BBQ pulled pork burger is an American classic. Gordon Ramsay describes it as his favourite easy party food dinner.
Picture it, the tender slow cooked roast, stripped apart from the pork shoulder, sizzling underneath the rich hot bbq sauce on the most perfectly toasted soft brioche bun, with the slightest bit of butter melting into each end. Topped with a handful of chilled slaw to add a delightful crunch and leave your mouth screaming for more. Are you ready to make this? Let’s get started.
Making anything perfect is never easy. But that’s what we’re here for. To help you make the most exquisite, mouthwatering, delicious BBQ Pulled Pork burger you’ve ever had. Here’s what you need to know.
Making pulled pork is a slow process as it is a slow cook meat.
Prep: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: approx. 3 hours and 30 mins.
Oven Temperature: 300 degrees celsius.
Serving: serves 8 people
Now let’s get started with what you’ll need with the ingredients.
Shoulder of boneless pork of 1.8kg
Tablespoon of olive oil, brown sugar, salt+pepper and onion salt
Tablespoon of garlic powder, mustard, paprika and chilli powder
2 cups of Bbq sauce
12 Brioche burger buns
1.Preheat Heat oven to 300•C
2. Trim excess fat off the pork and cut into large pieces
3. In a bowl, combine salt, pepper, chili powder, garlic powder,onion powder brown sugar and mustard.
4. Mix the pulled pork (whole) in the bowl with the ingredients
5. Place pork in an oven friendly dish
6. Drizzle the oil over the pork before placing in oven
7. Remove pork after 3 hours 20 mins
8. Let the pork rest as you prepare the bbq sauce in a pan, 1 or 2 cup fills will do.
9. Shred the pork and mix it with the bbq sauce then place it on your toasted brioche buns adding slaw if you wish
And there you have it, the perfect BBQ Pulled Pork burger, as succulent as you had imagined, don’t eat it all yourself !