Brigadeiros are a traditional Brazilian Dessert loved by people of all ages that have even been hailed as Brazil’s favourite dessert. Bite sized and versatile, Brigadeiros are quick and easy to make, and perfect as a sweet treat to bring to events and festivities.
Prep Time: 10 Mins
Cook Time: 1 Hour
Makes: 20 Brigadeiros
15g Butter (plus a dab for coating hands to roll balls)
1 Can Sweetened Condensed Milk
30g Cocoa Powder
Optional Toppings: eg chocolate sprinkles, crushed pistachio nuts, dessicated coconut, crushed biscuits, crushed pretzels
1.Place a saucepan over medium heat, and add the butter.
2. Melt the butter and add a can of sweetened condensed milk. Stir constantly, otherwise the mixture will burn.
3. Sift cocoa powder into the mixture, stirring constantly for 6-8 minutes until the mixture thickens.
4. Once the mixture is thick enough (if you run your wooden spoon through the middle of the mixture, it should take a while to move), take the pan off the heat.
5. Spread mixture onto a plate and allow to cool in the fridge for 1 hour.
6. Once cooled, take the mixture out of the fridge and grease your hands with a dab of butter. Shape the mixture into small brigadeiro balls using your hands.
7. Spread your preferred toppings onto flat plates, and roll the brigadeiros through the toppings to coat them
8. Present the dessert by placing the finished brigadeiros in paper cups or on a bed of foil/baking paper.