Huevos Rancheros are the elite of the breakfast group. They are a traditional mexican breakfast and are loved by many. Who wouldn’t want to wake up to this every morning. Well if you want to do just that we are going to tell you exactly how these are made. It’s easier than you think.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
4 small flour tortillas
1 large ripe tomato chopped
2 tablespoons of olive oil
400g can of red kidney beans
Fresh bay leaves
2 garlic cloves
30g cheddar cheese grated
½ spoon of chilli powder and lime juice
Teaspoon of cumin and oregano
How to make:
1. Heat a pan using the olive oil and add your chopped garlic and onions, then your tomatoes and chillies.
2. Then add red kidney beans, chilli powder, a teaspoon of cumin and oregano and cook for 10 minutes, stir and set aside.
3. Slice the fresh tomato and lay it over the mixture on the pan and let it cool
4. Crack your eggs into a separate pan until they are fried and the egg white is clearly visible.
5. Warm your tortillas up on the grill or oven, whichever suits for 1 minute
6. Place your tortillas onto a plate flat, pour your beans mix onto it and top it with grated cheese
7. Place the eggs on top of all of this
8. Squeeze some lime onto it and add guacamole
GOOD MORNING! What a way to start your day with this magnificent breakfast, starting the day right.