Pasta Al Limone is an uncomplicated, effortless and versatile dish that is the perfect comfort meal after a long, tiring day. Hailing from the region of Campania in Italy, this classic recipe is hearty and filling, and can be cooked up and ready to serve in less than 15 minutes.
Prep Time: 5 Mins
Cook Time: 15 Mins
250g Spaghetti or other long pasta
250ml Double Cream
100g Grated Parmesan
Small Handful of Roughly Chopped Parsley
Sea Salt and Ground Black Pepper
1. Place a large saucepan of salted water over a high heat, bringing it to the boil. Add the pasta and cook for 8-12 minutes, depending on taste.
2. As the pasta is cooking, grate both lemons to create lemon zest.
3. Add the lemon zest and cream together in a pan and cook over a medium
temperature. Simmer for 3-4 minutes until the mixture thickens slightly.
4. Add the butter to the lemon zest and cream and continue stirring. This will create the sauce.
5.Drain the pasta and add it to the sauce, stirring constantly. Once the pasta has been coated in sauce, simmer for 1-2 minutes, until most of the liquid has been absorbed.
6. Once the majority of the liquid has been absorbed, remove the pasta from the heat and squeeze in the juice of a lemon. Stir in the lemon juice, and season with a pinch of sea salt and ground black pepper.
7. Serve immediately in bowls, and garnish with grated parmesan, chopped parsley, and an optional wedge of lemon to taste.