This super healthy vegan salad is full of nutrients and vitamins, and is the perfect side to any chicken, fish or tofu dish. Try doubling up the recipe and bringing it along to a Barbeque as a side- we guarantee it will go down a treat!
Prep Time: 15 Mins
100g Frozen Peas
250g Cooked Quinoa
2 tbsp Olive Oil
1 tsp Salt
Handful Mint Leaves
1 Avocado, peeled
1.Place the peas into a large heatproof bowl, pour boiling water over them, and then set aside to defrost.
2. Chop up the avocado, cucumbers and tomatoes into small chunks and set aside.
3. Pour the juice of 1 lemon into a smaller bowl. Add salt, olive oil and mint and stir together rapidly to make a salad dressing.
4. Once defrosted, drain the peas and place them in a large mixing bowl. Add in the chopped veg and pre-cooked quinoa. Make sure to break up any clumps in the quinoa.
5. Add the salad dressing to the mixture, and stir well.
6. Serve immediately and garnish with a slice of lemon.