Doughnuts have always been one of the most popular snack foods to have when at home, especially with a cup of tea. But how many people actually know how to make them? They look easy to make right? Well, they are, and today you are going to learn how to make them at home, better than any Morrisson’s or any supermarket, saving you money and time.
Prep: 100-120 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
Serving: Makes 12
2 packets of Instant Yeast
2 Jars Raspberry jam
The Great British Bake-offs Paul Hollywood describes them as “ A naughty treat that’s unbeatable when eaten warm and covered in sugar”.
Now that you have all of your ingredients let’s get started on the process of making the doughnuts. I hope you don’t mind getting your hands dirty.
How to make:
1. To make the dough, place all of the ingredients into a large bowl and mix until the dough is formed. Drizzle to water evenly amongst the ingredients..
2. Place a layer of flour on an even surface
3. Beginning removing the dough and rolling it into balls, placing them in the flour until covered fully. Repeat the process until dough is gone.
4. Using a one inch cutter, carve a hole in the doughnuts
5. Leave to rest for 15 minutes
6. Place the balls of dough, you should have roughly 12, into a floured baking tray and place in the oven at 180 degrees.
7. Preheat a deep fat fryer filled with oil
8. Place balls slowly into the deep fat fryer on each side for 5 minutes until golden brown.
9. Have a bowl of sugar ready to place dough in immediately after removal from the fryer.
10. Roll each piece of dough in the sugar until it is covered fully.
11. Set aside and leave to cool
12. When cool, using a syringe, slowly insert the raspberry inside the dough through the cut out hole.
Your naughty raspberry jam doughnuts are ready to be eaten with a mug of tea, with your feet up, watching tv: enjoy the evening.