These tasty salmon burgers topped with kale salsa are a lighter alternative to the classic hamburger, and are an easy way to incorporate Omega 3 oils and healthy fats into your diet. Serve with a side of sweet potato chips or mixed leaf salad for the perfect summer lunch.
Prep Time: 20 mins
Cook Time: 30 mins
For the Salmon Burgers
2 Skinless Salmon Fillets
1 Spring Onion, chopped
1 tbsp Olive Oil
½ tsp Smoked Paprika
2 tbsp Breadcrumbs
1 Avocado, peeled and sliced
2 Wholemeal Burger Buns
Sea Salt and Ground Black Pepper
For the Kale Salsa
50g Kale, finely chopped
1 tsp Olive Oil
1 Jalapeno, chopped
1 Clove of Garlic, chopped
Juice of Half a Lemon
1 tsp Ground Cumin
Pinch of Cayenne Pepper
1.Dice the salmon fillets and place in a large mixing bowl. Add the spring onion, smoked paprika, salt and pepper and mix together.
2. Add the egg and breadcrumbs and stir again until fully mixed.
3. Using your hands, shape the mixture into four balls and flatten to create burger patties.
4. Place a large pan on a medium heat and add olive oil.
5. Once the pan is hot, place the burger patties on the pan and fry for 5-7 minutes on each side until browned.
6. Serve on toasted wholemeal burger buns, topped with ½ of a sliced avocado and a dollop of kale salsa (recipe below).
1.Chop the tomatoes into quarters and remove the seeds to avoid too much moisture in the salsa.
2. Place the tomatoes in a large bowl and add the kale, jalapeno, garlic, ground cumin and cayenne pepper. Stir.
3. Place this mixture into a blender and squeeze in the lemon juice and olive oil. Blend for 10 seconds to 1 minute, depending on desired texture.
4. Place into a bowl and stir, before serving up as an accompaniment to salmon burgers (recipe above).