No, that is not a pizza. This is a tomato ricotta and thyme tartine. This spectacular looking starter is so easy to make you won’t believe it, you will just have to give it a go. This is all it takes.
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Cooking time: 40 minutes
250g pack ricotta
80g ricotta cheese
3 tablespoons of Olive oil
1 tablespoon of balsamic vinegar
1 garlic cloves
Handful of thyme
Teaspoon of sea salt black pepper
200g plain flour
4 tablespoons of water
How to make:
1. Preheat oven to 200 degrees
2. In a large mixing bowl combine the thyme, balsamic vinegar, olive oil and salt+pepper. Then add the tomatoes and mix.
3. For the pastry, mix the flour with the salt+pepper, water and butter until it is almost like breadcrumbs (Use a blender if needed).
4. Tip this onto a large sheet of cling film in a dish and chill for 30 minutes
5. Line a dish with flour and roll out the pastry to 28c filling the corners of the bowl.
6. Place into the oven for 20 minutes
7. Once the pastry is done take your ingredients out of the fridge and pour carefully into dish. Layer them with sliced tomatoes.
8. Place the mix of thyme, balsamic vinegar, olive oil and salt+pepper into the dish.
9. Place back into the oven for 20 minutes until the filling is raised and slightly golden.
10. Remove and place on a place sprinkling some thyme leaves on top for the perfect finish.
Now you have the best looking pizza that isn’t a pizza at all, it is instead a very healthy tomato ricotta and thyme tart, sublime.